In January of final yr, we shared a well-received video walkthrough which lined greater than two dozen iPhone suggestions that the iDownloadBlog editors deemed truly helpful. Following that publish, our video editor Harris Craycraft has been dutifully curating and enhancing these tricks to higher replicate the brand new iPhone options that arrived final fall with the iOS 13 replace.
Video: 10 helpful iPhone suggestions in 2020
With our additional ado, listed here are ten new suggestions to your iPhone and iOS 13 in 2020.
Didn’t have time to take a seat by Harris’ six-minute video? If that’s the case, then you should definitely try the next laundry record of all of the iPhone suggestions the video covers.
And listed here are the precise suggestions
- Calendar 1-minute increments: When creating an occasion, double-tap the spinning time selector to modify between the default 5-minute granularity and the hidden 1-minute increment.
- 123 key gliding: Should you faucet and maintain the 123 button on the inventory iOS keyboard, don’t let go instantly: as a substitute, slide the finger throughout the keyboard to the important thing that you really want, then let go. The chosen secret’s entered and the keyboard goes again to its regular structure, saving you faucets.
- Two-finger choice: In list-based apps like Messages, Mail, Notes and Information, you possibly can enter multi-item choice mode (Edit mode) by tapping with two fingers (or pinching out, as Harris places it), then invoke a two-finger slide gesture with a purpose to choose a number of traces directly.
- Tapback: In Messages, faucet and maintain or double-tap a bubble to entry fast reactions, like a coronary heart, thumbs up and down symbols, laughter, exclamation level and query mark.
- Transferring Residence display apps sooner: As a substitute of dragging a Residence display icon to the facet of the display to advance to the following web page, merely maintain it with one finger and swipe between the Residence screens with one other finger to maneuver the chosen app the place you need sooner.
- Transferring apps in bulk: Upon getting into icon jiggling mode, faucet and maintain a Residence display icon, then faucet different icons to gather them right into a bundle. This allows you to transfer a number of icons in bulk.
- Multi-touch app switcher: You possibly can force-close a number of apps within the iOS app switcher by swiping up on their thumbnails with a number of fingers.
- Swipe-to-indent in Notes: Should you’re in a numbered record in Notes, swipe with a finger left or proper to lower or improve the indent. This can be a nice option to flip a line right into a toggle.
- Rearranging Pockets playing cards: Faucet and maintain a card in Pockets, then drag it the place you need it to be: i.e. transfer that Apple Money Card to the highest of the record to make it your default.
- Timer auto-stop audio: Within the Timer part of the Clock app, faucet the choice When Timer Ends after which choose the Cease Enjoying motion from the popup menu to have the alarm cease taking part in audio (reminiscent of your favourite playlist) when the timer goes off (with out taking part in the loud alarm sound). That is particularly helpful as a option to restrict your machine utilization: set a desired alarm time with the Cease Enjoying possibility and the machine will routinely lock when your run time has expired, requiring you to enter your passcode earlier than you should utilize it once more.
Harris was placing collectively this video when Apple was nonetheless testing iOS and iPadOS 13.four with builders and beta testers in order that’s why it doesn’t cowl any particular iOS 13.four suggestions.
For that, you could need to try our devoted tutorial outlining all the brand new iPhone and iPad options within the iOS 13.four and iPadOS 13.four updates, and explaining the best way to use them.
Your favourite picks
How do you want our collection of new iPhone suggestions in 2020?
Do you might have any favorites, and which of them are they? Make sure you tell us about any suggestions which can be new for you within the commenting part down beneath.