Suicune returns yet again to Pokémon Go as a special reward for completing the last leg of global challenges. The Legendary water-type will be available in raids on Aug. 17 from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m. in your local time.
Suicune is far from the best water-type attacker, as it’s heavily outclassed by Kyogre, Swampert, Feraligatr, Gyarados, and even Palkia.
However, its return to raids means that lucky players will get a chance to nab one Shiny.
To take on Suicune, use electric– and grass-types like the following for the easy win:
- Raikou with Thunder Shock and Wild Charge
- Electrivire with Thunder Shock and Wild Charge
- Magnezone with Spark and Wild Charge/Seed Bomb
- Roserade with Razer Leaf and Grass Knot
- Sceptile with Fury Cutter/Bullet Seed and Frenzy Plant
- Venusaur with Vine Whip/Razor Leaf and Frenzy Plant
Luxray, Zapdos, Jolteon, and other electric- and grass-types will also serve you well.
Suicune’s best moveset is Hidden Power with Hydro Pump, but its Hidden Power has to be water-type. It’s a toss up which type of Hidden Power you’ll get, so you could use Extrasensory or Snarl instead. That all being said, Suicune is probably best off as a bench warmer.