If you wish to take away all the metadata from a photograph, it’s not fairly so simple as eradicating the GPS location from photographs on Mac. Whilst you can view that information in Preview app, there isn’t at present a method to simply delete it. However like most different issues, there’s an app for that.
There are a number of apps for this activity on the App Retailer. However right here we’ll present you two apps that you should utilize to take away the metadata which might be accessible at no cost.
Obtain an app
ImageOptim is at present accessible direct from the developer web site for Mac, Home windows, and Linux. So simply head to the positioning and seize the app without spending a dime.
Take away metadata with EXIFPurge
The good factor about EXIFPurge is that you may strip the metadata from a number of pictures without delay. That is actually useful you probably have an enormous assortment of pictures that you might want to work with.
After you obtain and set up EXIFPurge, open it up after which observe these steps.
1) Both click on the Choose Photos button to browse on your pictures or drag and drop them into the middle window.
2) Select an Output Location by clicking the Choose button.
3) Click on Purge Exif Data, wait a couple of seconds, and click on OK.
And there you’ve got it! Your pictures ought to now not include the metadata.
To see that the information is gone, go to Preview and click on Instruments > Present Inspector from the menu bar. You should still see the EXIF tab, however there ought to solely be measurement information if something. And the GPS tab must be gone.
Take away metadata with ImageOptim
You might have heard of or examine ImageOptim as a device for lowering picture file sizes. However the app does greater than compress photographs. It additionally gives a function to take away personal EXIF metadata from pictures whereas compressing them on the identical time.
After you obtain and set up ImageOptim, open it as much as get began.
1) Click on ImageOptim > Preferences from the menu bar.
2) Choose the Common tab after which verify the bins below Metadata and Colour Profiles. These settings will take away metadata and different particulars from PNG and JPEG picture file codecs.
Whilst you’re within the app Preferences, you can too make changes to the High quality and Optimization Pace when you like.
3) You may then shut the Preferences and work with the primary ImageOptim window.
4) Drag a photograph from its location in your Mac to the app window. You’ll see a checkmark in inexperienced subsequent to the photograph when all processes end, which ought to take lower than a minute relying on the compression choices you employ.
And that’s all there may be to it! You may open the picture in Preview to substantiate that the metadata has been eliminated. You shouldn’t see EXIF or GPS tabs within the inspector window.
Wrapping it up
Why the Preview app doesn’t allow you to take away the metadata out of your photographs on Mac is a thriller. However, with EXIFPurge or ImageOptim you may delete that EXIF and GPS information very quickly.
And for extra assistance on this matter, try the way to edit the metadata for a photograph on iPhone or the way to take away gelocation information out of your iPhone pictures.