In the event you benefit from the Podcasts app in your Mac for listening to your favourite exhibits whilst you work or play, then being conversant in the settings is useful.
That will help you take advantage of out of Podcasts on Mac, right here’s learn how to customise the settings for podcasts and episodes.
It takes solely a minute to take motion on a podcast, whether or not you need to subscribe or have already got.
Podcasts not in your library
In the event you see a podcast within the Browse or Prime Charts sections and need to subscribe, that’s fairly easy.
- From the primary web page, click on the Extra (three-dot icon) button and choose Subscribe.
- From the podcast particulars web page, simply click on Subscribe.
Now when you come throughout a podcast you suppose a good friend or member of the family may get pleasure from; you’ll be able to share it.
From the primary web page or the podcast element web page, click on the Extra button. From there you’ll be able to choose Copy Hyperlink or one among your Mac Share Menu choices to share the present.
Podcasts in your library
In the event you’re subscribed to a podcast that you just now not need, choose it out of your Library, click on the Extra button, and select Unsubscribe.
The Extra menu additionally lets delete the podcast from Library, play it subsequent, share it, or report a priority.
To vary the episode order, maintain solely current episodes, or customise a podcast’s settings, click on the Extra button and decide Settings.
Together with the choice to unsubscribe to the podcast by turning off the Subscribed toggle on the prime, you’ll be able to choose the order for the episodes. You possibly can decide sequential order, most up-to-date first, to solely maintain the newest episodes, or customized settings.
For Customized Settings, choose that possibility after which alter the next:
- Episode Order: Latest to Oldest or vice versa
- Obtain Episodes: Off, Solely New (Default), or All Unplayed
- Delete Performed Episodes: On or Off
- Restrict Episodes: Off, Most Latest, [X] Most Latest, 1 Day, 1 Week, 2 Weeks, or 1 Month
- Refresh Each: 1 Hour, 6 Hours, Day (Default), Week, or Manually
While you end making adjustments to any of the Customized Settings, click on Finished.
Together with settings for podcasts, you might have settings for particular person episodes as nicely. Click on Episodes within the left-hand sidebar.
To open the settings for an episode, put your cursor over the time, all the way in which to the appropriate. The time will change to the Extra button, so click on.
You possibly can then do any of the next:
- Obtain or Save the episode
- Delete the episode out of your Library
- Mark it as Performed
- Report a Concern
- Play it Subsequent or Later
- Share the episode by copying the hyperlink or utilizing your Share Menu
- Go to the Present data web page
Wrapping it up
Easy settings for podcasts and episodes may help you get pleasure from your favourite exhibits in your Mac. And bear in mind to take a look at iDB’s podcast, Let’s Speak iOS!
Are there any settings for both podcasts or episodes that you just suppose Apple ought to add? Tell us within the feedback under!