In case you use your iPhone or iPad to scan paperwork and save them within the Notes app, then you’ll be able to handle these scans in Notes in your Mac. The options in Notes help you seize a scan out of your machine, view it in your Mac, after which crop, rotate, or apply filters.
Whether or not you need to hold copies of scans in Notes or simply add one as a reference, right here’s how one can handle your scanned paperwork in Notes on Mac.
Working with scanned paperwork in Notes
- Seize a scan
- Discover a scanned doc
- Edit a scanned doc
- Crop a scan
- Rotate a scan
- Apply a filter
- Rename a scan
- Mark up a scan
Seize a scan
If you have already got a scanned doc within the Notes app, you’ll be able to skip down to a different part. However if you wish to seize a scan from Notes in your Mac utilizing your iOS machine, right here’s how.
1) Open an present word or create a brand new one.
2) Click on File > Import from iPhone or iPad from the menu bar, the Media button within the toolbar, or right-click within the Notes physique and choose that possibility from the shortcut menu.
3) Select Scan Paperwork for the machine you’re utilizing.
4) Make certain your machine is unlocked. You must see the Scan device open proper up so that you can seize the doc.
5) After you seize the scan, you’ll be able to modify the corners if needed. Then faucet Preserve Scan after which Save if you end.
Your scanned doc ought to seem in your word throughout the Notes app in your Mac.
Notice: You have to be working macOS Mojave or later to make use of this function.
Discover a scanned doc
In case you added a scan out of your iPhone or iPad to Notes and need to discover it in your Mac, that is straightforward. Open Notes and do the next.
1) Both click on View > Present Attachments Browser from the menu bar or click on the Attachments button within the Notes toolbar.
2) Choose Scans.
3) Once you discover the scan, you’ll be able to double-click it to open it within the enhancing window or right-click and select Present in Notice, Open Attachment (identical as double-clicking it), or Fast Look Attachment, relying on what you’d love to do with it.
You can too use the Search device in Notes to discover a scan by its identify.
Edit a scanned doc
You may have some useful enhancing instruments to your scanned paperwork in Notes in your Mac. Double-click to open the scan within the enhancing window. Then you’ll be able to crop, rotate, or apply a filter.
Crop a scan
Click on the Crop button within the toolbar. Then drag the corners to surround the a part of the doc you need to hold. Click on Performed if you end.
Rotate a scan
Click on the Rotate button within the toolbar. This can rotate the scan counterclockwise. You may proceed to click on the button till the scan is rotated as you need it.
Apply a filter to a scan
To reinforce your scan, you’ll be able to apply a filter to it. Click on the Apply Filter button within the toolbar. Then select a Shade, Grayscale, Black & White, or Picture filter. You’ll see the scan change instantly. So you’ll be able to click on every filter to see which appears to be like finest.
Rename a scan
You may identify a scanned doc something that you simply like. Scans are named Scanned Paperwork by default. To alter that, choose the doc and click on Edit > Rename Attachment from the menu bar.
Give your scan a brand new identify and click on Save.
Mark up a scan
If you need to annotate your scanned doc, you are able to do this utilizing the Markup device on Mac.
Open the scanned doc, click on the arrow on the highest proper of the scan, and decide Markup. The doc will open within the Markup device.
Notice: It’s finest to annotate your doc after you crop or rotate it as a result of these edits might be deleted for those who crop or rotate the scan.
Wrapping it up
Working with scanned paperwork in Notes on Mac is simple and handy. Whether or not you merely need to view a scan or make edits to it, you’ve the instruments you want.
Do you employ the Notes app to carry onto scans you need to save? Or do you solely connect a scan if it pertains to a word? Tell us your ideas!