Some customers are encountering the “Couldn’t transfer your calendars to iCloud as a result of an error occurred” error as quickly as they try to open the Calendar app on Mac. Restarting the Mac doesn’t resolve the difficulty and the Calendar app stays ineffective – this concern impacts a number of Mac OS variations together with MacOS Catalina.
In case you’re not already on the most recent macOS, there’s a excessive likelihood that the difficulty is happening as a consequence of a reasonably widespread glitch that Apple has patched with a collection of hotfixes. To benefit from this repair, you have to to replace your macintosh to the most recent model from the System Preferences menu.
However because it seems, the difficulty can even happen as a consequence of a collection of corrupted temp recordsdata (mostly positioned in Caches and Calendar). If this situation is relevant, you may resolve the difficulty by disabling Itunes sync and cleansing the contents of Caches and Calendar from the Library folder.
Technique 1: Replace macOS to the most recent obtainable model
Because it seems, this explicit concern is usually encountered on macOS model Mojave. As confirmed by some Apple engineers, this drawback was since patched by way of a hotfix that’s being pushed on each macOS model newer than Mojave.
So should you’re encountering the “Couldn’t transfer your calendars to iCloud as a result of an error occurred” error on a Mojave macOS, the simplest solution to resolve the difficulty is to replace your macintosh to the most recent model obtainable.
A number of affected customers have confirmed that after doing this, the Calendar concern was fully resolved and so they have been ready to make use of it usually.
Right here’s a fast step-by-step information on updating to the most recent model:
- In your Mac, click on on the System Preferences icon from the motion bar on the high.
- When you’re contained in the System Preferences display screen, click on on the Software program Replace icon.
- Wait till the utility checks for updates, then comply with the on-screen prompts to put in the most recent obtainable model that’s obtainable in line with your pc configuration.
- In case a brand new model is discovered, merely click on on the Replace Now button and wait till the brand new model is put in.
- As soon as the replace is put in efficiently, your macintosh ought to restart mechanically. In case it doesn’t, do a guide restart and see if the difficulty is resolved on the subsequent system startup by trying to open the Calendar app once more.
In case you’re nonetheless encountering the “Couldn’t transfer your calendars to iCloud as a result of an error occurred” error or you have already got the most recent macOS model, transfer right down to the subsequent potential repair beneath.
Technique 2: Clearing Caches and Calendar folders from Library
Because it seems, this explicit concern can happen as a consequence of a collection of partially corrupted non permanent recordsdata that may reside in both Caches or Calendar folders (or each). A number of affected customers that have been additionally encountering this concern have reported that they managed to repair the difficulty by the Finder perform to entry the Library folder and clear the contents of the 2 folders.
However remember that with a purpose to do this, you have to to begin by taking a visit to the System Preferences menu and disabling the iCloud integration with Calendar so as to have the ability to take away the recordsdata from the 2 folders.
Essential: If you wish to be certain that you don’t find yourself doing any collateral harm, we advocate that you just begin by doing Time Machine Backup earlier than beginning with the steps beneath.
As soon as you might be able to get began, start following the steps beneath:
- Out of your bottom-bar menu, click on on System Preferences.
- When you’re contained in the System preferences menu, click on on the iCloud entry (left-hand part) of the display screen.
- Whenever you’re contained in the iCloud settings, transfer over to the right-hand part, then uncheck the field related to Calendars.
- After iCloud calendar sync has been disabled, use the motion bar on the backside to click on in your Finder app.
- When you’re contained in the Finder app, press and maintain on the Choice key, then press the Go entry from the ribbon menu on the high and choose Library from the record of obtainable gadgets.
- Whenever you handle to reach contained in the Library folder, begin by discovering the Caches folder. When you see it, double-click on it to entry it.
- Contained in the Caches folder, press CMD + A in your keyboard to pick every part, then press CMD + Backspace to delete them (or right-click > Transfer to Bin).
Word: Needless to say the Cache folder will solely include non permanent recordsdata that varied functions put in in your macOS ecosystem use. Deleting them may immediate you to register once more with some functions, but it surely received’t break any functions.
- Subsequent, return to the foundation Library folder, navigate to the Calendars app and repeat steps 7 and 6 – Choose every part first, then press CMD + Backspace to clear your complete Calendar folder.
- After this operation is accomplished, use the motion bar on the backside to entry the System Preferences menu once more. As soon as inside, choose Cloud and re-enable the Calendar integration as soon as once more.
- Restart your machine, then try to open the Calendar app once more to see if the difficulty has been resolved. Your Calendar gadgets ought to return by way of iCloud in a number of moments.