Right now’s launch brings the SDK preview in keeping with a Quick Ring construct that launched final week.
What you should know
- A recent Home windows 10 SDK preview is now obtainable.
- The up to date SDK brings the construct quantity to 19013.
- Builders can set up this launch from the Home windows Insider web site now.
Microsoft pushed out one other replace to the Home windows 10 SDK preview right this moment. Builders can now get their arms on SDK preview construct 18999, which is similar construct quantity as a current launch Home windows 10 Insiders on the Quick ring that shipped final week. The newest SDK preview is out there to obtain now from the Home windows Insider web site.
Message Compiler (mc.exe)
- Now detects the Unicode byte order mark (BOM) in .mc information. If the If the .mc file begins with a UTF-Eight BOM, will probably be learn as a UTF-Eight file. In any other case, if it begins with a UTF-16LE BOM, will probably be learn as a UTF-16LE file. If the -u parameter was specified, will probably be learn as a UTF-16LE file. In any other case, will probably be learn utilizing the present code web page (CP_ACP).
- Now avoids one-definition-rule (ODR) issues in MC-generated C/C++ ETW helpers brought on by conflicting configuration macros (e.g. when two .cpp information with conflicting definitions of MCGEN_EVENTWRITETRANSFER are linked into the identical binary, the MC-generated ETW helpers will now respect the definition of MCGEN_EVENTWRITETRANSFER in every .cpp file as a substitute of arbitrarily selecting one or the opposite).
Home windows Hint Preprocessor (tracewpp.exe)
- Now helps Unicode enter (.ini, .tpl, and supply code) information. Enter information beginning with a UTF-Eight or UTF-16 byte order mark (BOM) shall be learn as Unicode. Enter information that don’t begin with a BOM shall be learn utilizing the present code web page (CP_ACP). For backwards-compatibility, if the -UnicodeIgnore command-line parameter is specified, information beginning with a UTF-16 BOM shall be handled as empty.
- Now helps Unicode output (.tmh) information. By default, output information shall be encoded utilizing the present code web page (CP_ACP). Use command-line parameters -cp:UTF-Eight or -cp:UTF-16 to generate Unicode output information.
- Habits change: tracewpp now converts all enter textual content to Unicode, performs processing in Unicode, and converts output textual content to the desired output encoding. Earlier variations of tracewpp averted Unicode conversions and carried out textual content processing assuming a single-byte character set. This may occasionally result in conduct modifications in circumstances the place the enter information don’t conform to the present code web page. In circumstances the place this can be a drawback, contemplate changing the enter information to UTF-8 (with BOM) and/or utilizing the -cp:UTF-Eight command-line parameter to keep away from encoding ambiguity.
- Now avoids one-definition-rule (ODR) issues brought on by conflicting configuration macros (e.g. when two .cpp information with conflicting definitions of TLG_EVENT_WRITE_TRANSFER are linked into the identical binary, the TraceLoggingProvider.h helpers will now respect the definition of TLG_EVENT_WRITE_TRANSFER in every .cpp file as a substitute of arbitrarily selecting one or the opposite).
- In C++ code, the TraceLoggingWrite macro has been up to date to allow higher code sharing between comparable occasions utilizing variadic templates.
Signing your apps with System Guard Signing
- We’re making it simpler so that you can signal your app. System Guard signing is a System Guard function that’s obtainable in Microsoft Retailer for Enterprise and Training. Signing permits enterprises to ensure each app comes from a trusted supply. Our aim is to make signing your MSIX package deal simpler. Documentation on System Guard Signing will be discovered right here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/home windows/msix/package deal/signing-package-device-guard-signing
- Elimination of api-ms-win-net-isolation-l1-1-0.lib: On this launch api-ms-win-net-isolation-l1-1-0.lib has been faraway from the Home windows SDK. Apps that had been linking in opposition to api-ms-win-net-isolation-l1-1-0.lib can swap to OneCoreUAP.lib as a substitute.
- Elimination of IRPROPS.LIB: On this launch irprops.lib has been faraway from the Home windows SDK. Apps that had been linking in opposition to irprops.lib can swap to bthprops.lib as a drop-in substitute.
As normal, this construct consists of a number of API updates and tweaks. You’ll be able to view the full launch notes from Microsoft for an entire rundown. This construct may also be put in beside earlier SDK releases in Visible Studio.