Hacker and unc0ver lead developer Pwn20wnd dropped an unexpected update for his jailbreak tool on Monday, bringing it up to version 3.0.0 beta 50 with a plethora of new bug fixes and additional options when jailbreaking your handset.
Pwn20wnd announced the arrival of the new update via Twitter just this afternoon, posting a link to the download page on his official GitHub repository:
According to the official changelog, unc0ver v3.0.0 beta 50incorporates the following changes:
04/15/2019 – v3.0.0~b50 was released for public testing with the following changes:
– Fix a bug in loading Substrate
– Add a switch to enable get-task-allow on every process for developers
– Add a switch to set CS_DEBUGGED on every process for developers
– Add a switch to use the SSH-Only mode on any unbootstrapped device for developers
– Update jailbreak-resources
– Update the APT lists cache file for repositories
– Update the root filesystem remount to always name the original snapshot by appending “.disabled” to the name of the system snapshot
– Improve the performance
It’s worth noting that unc0ver v3.0.0 beta 50 supports all versions of iOS from 11.0-12.1.2, but it still cannot fully jailbreak A12(X) devices. At the time of this writing, unc0ver can only ‘partially’ jailbreak A12(X) devices; this is a limitation that won’t be addressed until Saurik first updates Cydia Substrate to support Apple’s latest devices.
If you’re already jailbroken on iOS 12 with the unc0ver v3.0.0 pre-release, then you’re advised to downloadand run this update as soon as possible to take full advantage of the newfeatures and improvements.
Onthe other hand, the unc0ver v3.0.0 pre-release is still in beta, and while itmight be tempting to hop onboard right now, we’d strongly advise that novicejailbreakers wait for the official public release. This beta is mostly intendedfor developers and jailbreak power-users.
Thelatest public release of the unc0ver jailbreak tool is v2.2.6 with support foriOS 11.0-11.4 beta 4 – the unc0ver v3.0.0 pre-release is the only iteration thatsupports iOS 11.4-11.4.1. Both versions of the unc0ver jailbreak tool can be had from Pwn20wnd’s official GitHub repository.
Have you downloaded and used unc0ver v3.0.0 beta 50 yet? Letus know in the comments section below.