Earlier than Apple deserted its plan to launch a first-party all-in-one wi-fi charging station slated to be referred to as AirPower, the corporate additionally confirmed off some quite interesting charging banners and animations to accompany it. Sadly, these quirky bells and whistles died with AirPower, and Apple by no means bothered to allow them for different Qi-enabled wi-fi charging options.
Jailbreakers don’t should do with out, nevertheless. Maple 2 is a newly launched jailbreak tweak by iOS developer LaughingQuoll that brings these improbable charging options to pwned iOS 13 units, and even higher, the tweak will be personalized extra profoundly than Apple ever would have permitted out of the field in a local implementation.
Above, you’ll see some examples of Maple 2 displaying a bevy of charging banners on the Lock display. These banners seem because the iPhone itself and linked Bluetooth equipment start charging, and within the instance, you’ll see a banner for the iPhone, a banner for a paired Apple Watch, and a mixed banner for a pair of AirPods and their charging case. Every banner shows an icon, the system’s identify, and present battery cost stage.
On the suitable, you’ll discover an image of an iPhone. That is truly a display seize from an animation that seems proper because the iPhone begins charging. The animation is akin to what Apple confirmed off whereas unveiling AirPower, and once you start charging your iPhone, it seems momentarily earlier than disappearing into the charging banner.
Simply because the identify implies, Maple 2 is the second iteration of a largely standard add-on for jailbroken handsets, and it brings quite a bit to the desk when it comes to enhancements, together with:
- Help for iOS 13
- Help for all AirPods fashions, together with the AirPods Professional
- New animations for Apple Watch Collection 4/5
- Customizable iPhone and Apple Watch fashions (together with Apple Watch strap)
- Capability to show any chosen Apple Watch face
- Enhancements to stability and efficiency
Upon putting in Maple 2, you’ll discover a choice pane within the Settings app the place you may configure the tweak to your liking:
Right here, you may:
- Toggle Maple 2 on or off on demand
- Select between small or normal-sized charging banners
- Allow or disable banner grouping
- Allow or disable Maple banner notifications
- Conceal battery proportion from the charging banner
- Allow or disable charging animations
- Show the native wallpaper behind the system animation
- Configure iPhone mannequin and colours
- Configure Apple Watch mannequin and colours
The developer features a Respring button on the backside of the choice pane, and that is used to save lots of any modifications you make.
From what we will inform, Maple 2 actually is a juicy improve from the unique Maple tweak. It presents new options and helps make your new checkra1n system on iOS 13 extra attention-grabbing proper out of the field.
Sadly, house owners of the unique Maple tweak can’t obtain Maple 2 with out paying an improve value of $1.49. New customers can buy Maple 2 from the Packix repository for $2.99 from their package deal supervisor of selection.
Will you be downloading Maple 2 in your jailbroken iOS 13 system? Tell us within the feedback part.