In case you’re making a film or video that requires subtitles for one more language, captions for narration, or directions for a tutorial, you are able to do this in iMovie on Mac simply. Whereas there isn’t presently an official subtitle or caption characteristic, it might probably nonetheless be performed utilizing the Titles choices.
On this tutorial, we’ll present you the best way to add subtitles or captions in iMovie in your Mac.
Including a subtitle or caption in iMovie on Mac
Open iMovie in your Mac to the mission you wish to use subtitles or captions in after which comply with these steps.
1) Choose the clip in your Timeline the place you wish to insert the textual content.
2) Click on Titles within the Browser on the high.
3) Select a method for the title. You’ll doubtless need one which sits on the backside of the display like these labeled Decrease, Decrease Third, or Reveal Decrease Third.
To see how one will look earlier than selecting it, simply transfer your cursor over it from left to proper and also you’ll see it’s preview within the Viewer.
4) Along with your clip chosen within the Timeline, you may double-click the title you choose so as to add it. Alternatively, you may drag a title to the Timeline and drop it on the clip.
5) Go as much as the Viewer the place you see the textual content field for the title and enter your personal textual content.
Adjusting and including extra subtitles or captions
When you add a Title to make use of as your subtitle and caption, chances are you’ll want to regulate its period. And also you most likely wish to add extra subtitles or captions for a single clip.
As an illustration, in case your clip is one minute lengthy however you want 5 subtitles inside that one-minute clip, you are able to do this simply as simply.
Adjusting the period
You’ll be able to size or shorten how lengthy the textual content seems on the display a few alternative ways. Choose the title clip within the Timeline after which do one of many following:
- Drag one of many edges to elongate or shorten it. You’ll see the period change as you do that.
- Click on the Clip Info (small letter “i”) button above the Viewer and enter plenty of seconds within the Period
Altering the textual content kinds
You’ll be able to change the font type, measurement, colour, format, and alignment of the textual content in your subtitle or caption too. Click on the Title clip in your Timeline after which click on the Title Settings button above the Viewer.
You’ll then see all the choices you must alter your textual content throughout the highest of the Viewer.
Including extra subtitles or captions
If it’s worthwhile to add extra subtitles or captions, comply with the identical steps above by double-clicking or dragging and dropping a Title onto the clip within the Timeline.
You’ll be able to click on and drag to maneuver these Title clips the place you want them. So you may simply have a number of hooked up to at least one clip.
Wrapping it up
Including subtitles or captions to your motion pictures, movies, photographs, and different iMovie initiatives is easy with the Titles characteristic. Hopefully down the street Apple will create an official characteristic for including all these textual content parts. However within the meantime, utilizing titles works!
Are you making a mission in iMovie that might profit from subtitles or captions? In that case, hopefully this tutorial will assist your creation be a profitable one! Tell us within the feedback beneath or hit us up on Twitter!