Last year saw construction begin on the US's first offshore wind farm. The 30-MW Block Island Wind Farm will be located about 3 mi (4.8) off the coast of Block Island in the US state of Rhode Island, but its components are currently being constructed around the world... Continue Reading Construction of first US offshore wind farm due for completion this year
- Are bridge-mounted wind turbines a viable option?
- Seatower's game-changing wind turbine foundations could reduce the cost of offshore wind farming
- Eiffel Tower's green makeover continues with wind turbine addition
- Helical Robotics announces new wind turbine inspection robots
- Clip-on wind turbine aims to supplement solar panels
- Folding, modular rotor blades designed for giant wind turbines