The northern white rhino is right on the brink of extinction, with only three of the species left on the planet. There's zero hope for the animals surviving naturally, but a team of scientists believes it might still be possible to bring the species back from the brink, with hopes of using stored genetic information to produce a new population... Continue Reading Using stem cells to save rhinos from extinction
- Humans could get salamander-like tissue regeneration abilities in "a few years"
- New molecule has stem cells primed for harvesting within the hour
- Electrically-trained muscle cells get damaged hearts pumping
- Lab-grown sperm cells used to create healthy baby mice
- Scientists close in on diabetes cure with production of insulin-producing cells
- Creation of insulin-releasing cells in a dish offers hope of diabetes therapy