Chivalry: Medieval Warfare was an intensely fun game to play, especially with my son who delighted in out-maneuvering me in swordplay and thwacking off an arm, leg or head in nearly every match.
So we were both excited to try our hands at the next game from Torn Banner Studios, Mirage: Arcane Warfare. The game is a fast-paced medieval weapons and magic game played across a fantasy Arabian backdrop in first-person perspective.
I chatted with the developers at GDC earlier this year to learn a bit about their inspiration and the sort of game they were trying to make this second title into. You can read all about that here. This time around, though, PAX East provided my son and me a chance to play the game. We both loved it.
The mix of...
NASA's Cassini spacecraft has used the light of a faraway star to observe the vast cryovolcanic eruption taking place on Saturn's moon Enceladus. Captured at a distant point in its orbit relative to the gas giant, Enceladus' tiger stripe vents behaved in a way that will force astronomers to rethink their current models regarding the enigmatic moon's internal plumbing... Continue Reading Starlight observation of Enceladus' plumes uncovers fresh mystery
- Cassini says a final fairwell to Hyperion
- Tidal forces pinpointed as catalyst for Enceladus' eruptions
- Cassini captures detailed views of Enceladus' north polar region
- Cassini completes plunge through Enceladus' icy plume
- Cassini captures stunning image of "bull's-eye" Saturnian moons
- Cassini probe uncovers evidence of global ocean on Enceladus