Over the years, we've seen a number of robots inspired by the animals kingdom – from jumpers and crawlers to swimmers and fliers. Inspired by the movement of snakes, an Israeli research team has now developed a bot that's said to be the first in the world to produce pure wave motion using a single motor... Continue Reading Single-motor bots crawl, swim and climb with a wiggle and a wave
- Harvard's RoboBee now perches on overhanging surfaces to preserve power
- Jumping cockroach robot leaps tall obstacles in a single bound
- Researcher uses Cyber Rodents to study evolution
- Streamlined shell helps robo-roach slip past obstacles
- Octopus-arm-like tool may find use in surgery
- Speedy single-molecule nanosubs powered by UV light
Alienware was the first PC maker out the door with an officially supported Steam Machine last fall. The Alienware Steam Machine also did double duty as the Alpha, a compact, powerful living-room PC that could run both Windows and Steam's Big Picture mode.