When it comes to foods that are a good source of probiotics, we often think of things like yogurt and dark chocolate. Beer, though? Not so much, as the hop acids in most beers tend to kill off probiotic bacteria. That isn't the case with a new beer, however, created by Food Science and Technology student Chan Mei Zhi Alcine, at the National University of Singapore... Continue Reading Probiotic brew brings new meaning to "beer gut"
- Small study shows probiotics can beat back depression
- Managing diabetes could one day be as easy as popping a pill
- OpenBiome will pay for poo
- Probiotic treatment cures peanut allergy in children
- Newly-discovered compound gives hope in fight against antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- Unlocking the healing secrets of Komodo dragon blood