After Britain votes to leave the European Union, where does the country's game industry stand?
A team of researchers, led by scientists at the Queen Mary University of London, has made a breakthrough in our understanding of how cancer cells are able to spread around the body and form deadly new tumors. The team found that two proteins work together, exhibiting an unusual behavior that helps keep the cells alive... Continue Reading Secret behind success of breakaway cancer cells uncovered
- Three-protein biomarker raises possibility of a urine test for pancreatic cancer
- Silencing breast and lung cancer's ability to spread
- Microcapsule delivery method opens door for protein to treat osteoarthritis
- DNA analysis may provide early warning of breast cancer
- BAE Systems develops a flat lens that acts like it's curved
- Mobile phones could be charged using sound
We often think of volcanoes as sleeping giants that could erupt in a rain of fire with little notice. But it turns out that restless volcanoes do, in fact, give us some notice about when they're going to blow – and it's not quite the kind of warning you'd expect. Scientists from around the world intensively monitored an active volcano in central America and say they've begun to crack the code... Continue Reading Volcanoes: The prophetic silence before the violence
- Fossil fuel emissions threaten to reduce radiocarbon dating reliability
- Atomic clocks could be used to monitor volcanoes and predict eruptions
- Charge injection device boosts chances of detecting Earth-like planets near bright stars
- Hidden archeology of Stonehenge revealed in new geophysical map
- Is this what Planet 9 looks like?
- Astronomers discover the biggest thing in the Universe