Readers familiar with the latest season of Netflix series Black Mirror, in which a four-legged robot mercilessly seeks out and destroys our human protagonists, may want to look away now. Readers that are not may still want to look away now. It appears a secure door is no match for the fast-evolving SpotMini from Boston Dynamics... Continue Reading After you: Boston Dynamics' SpotMini robot now opens doors for its friends
- Pepper the robot recognizes your emotions and shows its own
- Personable Pepper robot gets a job in a pizza joint
- NAO lends a robotic hand in banking customer service
- Could Sprint's SoftBank deal be a boon to U.S. wireless customers?
- Boston Dynamics gives SpotMini robot a sleek restyling
- Latest Atlas robot shows its gymnastic chops by nailing a backflip
For several years, scientists have noticed an unexplained reduced incidence of cancer in patients suffering from the devastating hereditary neurodegenerative condition Huntington's disease. Now a team at Northwestern Medicine has uncovered how the disease could be inadvertently killing cancer cells, and how this process could be harnessed for a new cancer treatment... Continue Reading Molecule behind Huntington's disease found to be cancer-killing "super assassin"
- Nanoparticles detect and track cancer months before traditional imaging techniques
- Golden hitchhikers avoid cancer's defences by riding on white blood cells
- Nanoparticles used to stop a body rejecting organ transplants
- Oscillating electric field used to remove nanoparticles from blood
- Golden nanocages to put the heat on cancer cells
- Tiny particles mimic the body's pancreas cells to combat type 1 diabetes