We've featured a fair number of underwater drones over the past few years, and they're pretty much all remotely-controlled by their shore-based users. Denmark's Supportive Robotics, however, is developing one that's a bit different. Known as Allec, it can be piloted via remote control, but it can also perform its own autonomous missions... Continue Reading Underwater drone explores the depths, with or without you
- The Neyk submarine: Does this "subaquatic luxury jet" hold water?
- US Navy's Blackwing drones launch from underwater
- Aston Martin dives deep with new Triton submarine
- Ghost marine platform takes a dive with unmanned submersible Guardian
- DARPA readies unmanned ACTUV sub hunter for sea trials
- Rising tide: Submarines and the future of undersea warfare